Inspired by other blogs and a book-club message board I'm a member of...
Here is a list of 10 books that I am determined to read this year. Some have been on my bookshelf for a long time, others not so long, but still there. I have heard good things about all of them, and don't want to put them off anymore! (And as you can see, there is a pretty good variety!)
In no particular order...
1. Dark Lover by JR Ward (I need to see what the hype is all about!)
2. Case Studies by Kate Atkinson (haven't read anything by this author, but have had this one reccomended to me a lot lately)
3. Faithful Place by Tana French (I LOVED her two other books!)
4. Graceling by Kristin Cashore (I keep hearing that this is the start of a great YA series)
5. The Host by Stephenie Meyer (I've put this one off for a long time!)
6. Under the Dome by Stephen King (It's a big one, and that's a little intimidating. I got it while I was pregnant, and have issues reading Stephen King while pregnant. Yes, I'm weird)
7. The Help by Kathryn Stockett (Why have I not read this yet??)
8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (just bought this for my nook, but it's been one I've been meaning to read for a couple years now)
9. Storm Born by Richelle Mead (I've really enjoyed both of her other series, so I hope this one is good too).
10. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (kind of embarassed that I haven't read this one yet!)
So, there you have it. Of course, there are others I want to read too, but this is a list that I definitely want to get to this year. I'll have to check in from time to time and see how I'm doing on it!