Friday, July 3, 2009

Review: Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Summary from Barnes and Noble:
It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.

A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.


I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I love Sarah Dessen! I think she writes great young adult novels, and I always feel so connected to the characters. This newest one was no exception. I really can't say enough about the way she writes her books - I can never put them down, and always find myself really rooting for the characters. I really liked the fact that not everyone was who Auden thought they were. She made snap judgements about people, but learned much more about them once she let herself open up to them a little.

Always looking forward to reading more by Sarah Dessen!

Rated: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment