Friday, October 30, 2009

Review: Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz

Blue Bloods is the first book in a young adult series by Melissa De La Cruz.

Summary from Barnes and Noble:
When the Mayflower set sail in 1620, it carried on board the men and women who would shape America. But not all the Pilgrims were pure of heart; they were not all escaping religious persecution. Indeed, some were not human: they were vampires.

In present-day New York City, Schuyler Van Alen is a sophomore at a prestigious New York private school. On her fifteenth birthday, her veins turn a bright blue and she begins to crave raw meat. Suddenly she is part of an exclusive secret society ruled by The Committee, a group of honored Blue Bloods. One of the popular girls at her school is found dead, and Schuyler decides to find out the secrets of the mysterious Blue Bloods. But is she putting herself in danger?

I've been wanting to start this series for awhile. It's another young adult vampire series, and I've enjoyed a lot of those. I liked this one too. It was an interesting take on vampires and how they have been around for so long. Schuyler's family history was interesting also, and there are still some questions that need to be answered. There are already four books out in this series, so I'll need to catch up!

The one thing that bugged me about the book was the way the main characters name was spelled. I knew how to pronounce it, but I still kind of 'tripped' over it while reading because it just never looked right to me. By the end I was more used to it.

Rated: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment