Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Quick Reviews

I have been so busy the past few weeks that I haven't had time to review anything I've been reading. It's so hard to catch up once you fall behind! So I thought I'd just give a quick little review of each of them so I feel like I'm back on schedule!

From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris - this is the 8th book in the Sookie Stackhouse (adult) series. This one wasn't as exciting to me, not as much action as some of the others. It was still enjoyable, and I'm very much looking forward to the new book coming out in May!! Rated: 4/5

Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz - this is the first book in a young adult series. The first half was pretty slow for me, but it did pick up. The basic plot is that the main character is a witch, and she is seeing her roommate's death in her dreams. She is trying to save her, without knowing what's really going to happen, or who's responsible. There are more books in this series, and I'll check them out. Rated: 3.5/5

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning - Another adult series...the first book. I had heard good things, and wasn't disappointed. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series! Mac finds out that her sister has been murdered in Ireland and is determined to find the killer. When she arrives, she finds that she doesn't know anything about who she really is. She's sucked into a world of Fae, vampires, and other supernatural beings, and finds that she has some extraordinary talents of her own. Lots of intriguing characters in this one, and the ending left me hanging! Rated: 4/5

The Dark by Marianne Curly - This is the second book in the (young adult) Guardians of Time Trilogy. I really enjoyed the first book, and liked this one too, but not quite as much. The book is told in alternating points of view. The first book is told by Ethan and Isabel, and this one is told by Isable and Arkarian. I found that I missed Ethan's point of view. I am now reading the third book, and it is narrated by two other characters. It's nice to see these characters a little closer, but I miss the original story-tellers I guess. I do like the concept and plot, and this one added a little romance to the mix too. Rated: 4/5

Ok, I feel much better getting those quick reviews done. Hopefully in a few weeks things will calm down a bit and I'll have more time to commit to reading, blogging, and reading blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment