Thursday, April 2, 2009

Review: Ill Wind by Rachel Caine

Ill Wind is the first book in the Weather Wardens series by Rachel Caine. I decided to try this book out, because I'd read Caine's young adult Morganville Vampires series and enjoyed it.

Summary from Barnes and Noble:
Joanne Baldwin is a Weather Warden. Usually, all it takes is a wave of her hand to tame the most violent weather. But now, she's trying to outrun another kind of storm: accusations of corruption and murder. So, she's resorting to the very human tactic of running for her life... Her only hope is Lewis, the most powerful warden known. Unfortunately, he's stolen not one but three bottles of Djinn-making him the most wanted man on earth. Still, she's racing hard to find him-before the bad weather closes in fast...

This book was a lot different than the Morganville Vampires books, but I enjoyed it. At times, I think some of it was a little over my head. I'm relatively new to fantasy books, so I think that has something to do with it. There was a lot of information in this book, and I think there could have been a bit more character and relationship development, but that may come as I get further into the series. I'm definitely interested enough to keep reading, and I've seen a few reviews that said the books get better as the series goes on.

**SPOILERS**
I was really surprised by the ending of the book, and looking forward to finding out what happens to Joanne as a Djinn! Definitely glad David will still be around! (Well, I hope so anyway!)

Rated: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment