Friday, December 26, 2008

Election by Tom Perrotta

I'd read another book by Tom Perrotta (Little Children) before, and liked it, so I thought I'd check this one out too.

It was a short book, only about 200 pages, and was the light reading I needed before the holidays!

The story follows a high school election for student body president. It's told from the prespective of multiple characters - usually short (1 to 3 page) blurbs from each. There are 3 students running for president, and a teacher that's helping one of them out. So, you see a little bit of each of their lives (and a couple other characters). There are several side-stories going on (an affair, a brother/sister relationship, etc), but the election is the main plot.

It was a quick read, and I enjoyed it. I'd like to see the movie (starring Matthew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon).

3 comments: