Saturday, December 6, 2008

Now Reading...Duma Key by Stephen King

This book came out last winter and I bought it right away. I can't resist Stephen King - he's been one of my favorite writers for years. So, although I bought it right away, I did resist reading it for quite awhile. I have to admit that Stephen King scares the crap out of me. As much as I love him, he freaks me out. When I bought this book, I was pregnant. And as anyone who's been pregnant knows...it's hard to get a good night's sleep when you're up all night going to the bathroom! So, where this is going? I was too scared to read the book when I was getting up multiple times in THE DARK at night to go to the bathroom. (I won't deny that I'm a total wuss!) So, I held on to it, and saved it for after my baby was born...which was 7 months ago. I didn't seem to have any time to read after Mara was born, but once I went back to work I had time to read on my lunch breaks. I got caught up in a few other books in the meantime, and just finally dug this book back out this week.

So...on to the book. I'm not quite halfway through the book, but I'm really enjoying it. It's an interesting story about a man who is in a bad accident and loses his arm. He has some other issues, and ends up getting divorced and moving to Duma Key, Florida to clear his mind and start over. Once he's there, he starts painting, and some odd things start happening. That's the generic summary, without giving too much away. Pretty typical Stephen King kind of stuff!

I admit that I'm a sucker for Stephen King. He could probably write about paint drying, and I would find it interesting. Of all of his books, there have only been a couple that I didn't LOVE. I'm looking forward to reading more of this book and seeing where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment