Thursday, June 25, 2009

Review: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

This is a childrens/young adult book.

Summary from Barnes and Noble:
Nobody Owens, known to his friends as Bod, is a normal boy. He would be completely normal if he didn't live in a sprawling graveyard, being raised and educated by ghosts, with a solitary guardian who belongs to neither the world of the living nor of the dead. There are dangers and adventures in the graveyard for a boy. But if Bod leaves the graveyard, then he will come under attack from the man Jack—who has already killed Bod's family . . .

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect with this book, but I had heard good things. I really enjoyed it. It's geared more towards younger people, but is a great story that I know a lot of adults have liked too. It was very creative and kept me turning the pages. I think it would be a great book for young boys. I know it has been compared to Harry Potter in that way (although the story is quite different).

Rated: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment