Monday, June 15, 2009

Review: Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Summary from Barnes and Noble:
This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.
Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet.
It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care.
But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.
Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.


I've been reading a lot of quick YA books lately. This one was cute - I liked the way it was written - you got the story from both points of view, and it flipped back and forth from the past to the present as the story unfolded. The relationship was unlikely, but worked. Both characters had flaws, but you still liked them and rooted for them.

Even though I figured out Jordan's secret right away, I was still interested to see how it would turn out. It was a very quick read, and I'd read more by this author.

Rated: 4/5

7 comments:

  1. This sounds good and I've never heard of it before. I'll have to add it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it! I've been reading a lot of YA 'romance' lately (not sure what else to call it!). Not as much paranormal stuff as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u have good taste in books,i have read most of these books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this book alot. i thought the idea was very cute and well thought out.. i would definately read more from Barnholdt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i read this book over the summer for fun but didn't realize i had to do summer reading so i just ended up doing this book for it. one of the best books i have EVER read. i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book was absolutely adorable, and very relateable. A romantic, REALISTIC, comedy. Breath of fresh air from all this vampire stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this book! One of my fave YA novels for sure :) It's a laugh-out-loud, romantic, adorable story with two loveable characters and a young feel!

    ReplyDelete