Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Review: Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Midnight Alley is the 3rd book in the Morganville Vampires young adult series. I've been pleasantly surprised by these books. They are really quick reads, and quite entertaining. This one was my favorite of the series so far!

This will contain spoilers, so if you haven't read any of the books, be warned!

Claire now has protection. But she had to sign herself over to get it. I was really hoping she wouldn't continue to keep this a secret from her roommates, so I was happy when she finally told them. We meet a new character in this one: Myrnin. Wow. He is quite a complex vampire, and I was biting my nails reading some of the parts with him! Definitely spooky. Claire is working with him to help find a cure - because the vampires are slowly dying...a fact that no one else knows. Claire is conflicted between wanting to help and not wanting anything to do with it. But she doesn't exactly have a choice in the matter.

Meanwhile, Shane is NOT happy that Michael is a vampire, and someone is out to get Michael. Girls are turning up dead by the Glass House, and they aren't sure who's responsible....

I was on the edge of my seat with this one! And she always ends them with a big cliffhanger!!

Rated: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment