Thursday, January 22, 2009

Review: Betrayed by PC Cast & Kristin Cast


This is the second book in the House of Night series. I liked this one more than the first book - I think because book one covered all the character introductions and explanations - this one had more action, and a few surprises.

The book picks up right where the first one left off. Zoey is now the leader of the Dark Daughters. She's 'sort of' dating Erik, but Heath is still around. Her group of friends remain close-knit. But, Zoey finds that things aren't always what they seem...

**SPOILERS**
It was a little weird that Erik didn't appear in this book until more than halfway through (although he is talked about before that. I was sad about Stevie Rae..and interested to see what will happen with that! Heath just won't go away. And now there's ANOTHER guy? This girl has her hands full! And with the way they write the scenes with the guys, I find myself liking all of them, so I'm not really sure who to 'root' for! I was very surprised about Neferet once I realized something was up with her...and wonder how that will be resolved, since she knows that Zoey knows something...

A good, quick read...I'm on to book three!

Rated: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment