Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Review: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Oh My God.
Yep, I'm going to start this review with that.

I finished this book last night, and am really bummed out that I now have to wait for the fourth book. I've read it's either coming out in July or August, so my fingers are crossed for July! Either way, it's a long time to wait!!

This is the third book in the Vampire Academy series. Rose is close to graduation, and is doing her field training for becoming a guardian. She's assigned to Christian, while Eddie is assigned to Lissa. Weird things are happening. She's seeing Mason's ghost. She's feeling really upset a lot, for no apparent reason. And as Adrian tells her, her aura is really dark. She's still in love with Dimitri, but that's still forbidden.

But a lot of things start to change...
I don't want to give too much away, so stop reading now if you don't want to find out anything else!!

**SPOILERS**
OMG!! I was literally saying "no!" out loud as I got towards the end. I knew something was going to happen to Dimitri. After the battle was over and he was ok, I was relieved. But not for long. I can't believe he's a Strigoi now! And that Rose is going to go kill him. They had finally come up with the perfect plan for the future. She was finally putting herself first. Well, sort of. But at least doing SOMETHING for herself. I was glad that Rose stood up to Lissa at the end when she was leaving. I'd been resentful of Lissa for awhile. I don't know what kind of plot twist there might be, but I'm looking forward to it! I think Adrian might become more involved (for some reason I have a soft spot for Adrian). Maybe Eddie? Will Victor play a role? The Queen? Will Lissa still go off to school like planned? I have so many questions about what's going to happen! She really left it wide open at the end. And now I have to wait 6+ months!! I'm going to go crazy!!

Yeah...I'm hooked. Now I'm going to go stalk the author's website and blog. I've been avoiding them because I didn't want to accidentally find out anything that happened in the books...but now I can finally check them out!

Rated: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment